HQ - Tustin, CA
The mophie Brand Manager will be responsible for supporting the Digital Commerce department by performing various tasks and administrative duties. The role will also be assigned with working with the Intellectual Property team to ensure proper processing and documentation and brand protection related efforts.
At mophie, we strive to deliver products known for their smart designs and innovative solutions. We embrace challenges and refuse to be deterred by obstacles. We aspire to create value for our customers, business partners and investors.
- Monitor and take action against vendors/merchants who offer infringing goods through global sales and auction websites such as Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, Newegg, etc.
- Conduct trap-buy purchases according to chain of custody evidence procedures
- Update and maintain records of suspicious sellers and suspected counterfeiters
- Establish and maintain an international database of contacts with manufacturers, distributors, law firms, customs agencies and law enforcement
- Monitor brand protection portal results by reviewing and sorting notification emails and coordinating follow up efforts
- Confer with IP Counsel regarding infringements on independent websites
- Review and follow up on data from the customer service department
- Confer with sales department regarding gray market activity
- Inspect products from test purchases to ascertain authenticity
- Review correspondence from customs and investigate or coordinate enforcement
- Coordinate efforts with counsel regarding potential targets of lawsuits, review draft complaints
- Review and coordinate execution of settlement agreements
- Review domain name correspondence
- Obtain application form signatures where necessary
- Coordinate resolution of ICANN validation problems, suggest redirection of domains where appropriate
- Assist with availability of searching and preliminary pricing investigations for acquisition of suggested new domains or domains needed for IP purposes
- Assist with review of domains for renewal
- Coordinate updates and modifications needed on website for IP purposes
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS::
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient level computer skills particularly in Microsoft Office tools
- Prominent organization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to multi-task the activities with shifting priorities
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS::
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Business related field
- 2+ years experience in a related environment
mophie inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, mophie inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
mophie inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of mophie inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.