mophie V-Day Three
MOPHIE’S V-DAY WEEKEND TICKETS 2014
TWITTER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on FEBRUARY 11, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends on FEBRUARY 11, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST (“Sweepstakes Period”). Entries must be submitted and received within the Sweepstakes Period to be valid and eligible for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer system is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entry in the mophie V-Day Weekend Tickets 2014 Twitter Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have Internet access during the Sweepstakes Period.
TWITTER: In addition, entrants must have or obtain a personal Twitter account to enter the Sweepstakes.
Employees of mophie, LLC (“mophie” or “Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, directors, officers and contractors, (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their immediate family members and persons living in their same household are not eligible. Individuals who previously won a prize from Sponsor in any contest or sweepstakes during the previous one (1) year period are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Entrant understands that he/she is providing his/her information to Sponsor and not to Twitter.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes via the entry method listed below. Data and message rates may apply. Be sure to consult your wireless provider. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges wireless service providers may charge entrant. Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registration, logins, addresses or through any other methods or violating any of these Official rules, may void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
Twitter Entry. To receive and gain one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing via Twitter:
- During the Sweepstakes Period, log-in to or create your Twitter account and “follow” @mophie.
- Retweet the @mophie tweet without modification.
- Sweepstakes tweets will include a clear call to action to retweet the tweet for a chance to win.
- All access and use of Twitter must be in accordance with the terms and conditions of www.twitter.com.
Please also note the following important entry requirements:
- All entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address registered to the Twitter account that submitted the entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules.
- Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
- All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- The entries must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Any entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- PRIZE: One (1) prize package (the “Prize”) will be awarded to the winner in this Sweepstakes and will consist of the following items: two (2) tickets to the Bruno Mars concert at The Chelsea performance center located at The Cosmopolitan on Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. PST and two (2) mophie juice pack powerstation units and has an Approximate Retail Value of Three Hundred Eighty U.S. Dollars ($380 USD). The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas (“The Cosmopolitan”) is located at 3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or substitution. All expenses and taxes related to the Prizes, including federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of winner. The prize does not include transportation costs, which are the sole responsibility of winner.
The Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for each Prize recipient who received a prize/award if the annual aggregate is at least six hundred dollars ($600) or more. Winners who are USA residents must complete and submit an IRS W-9 form to receive any prize. The Prize recipient is responsible for any income tax liability and should consult his/her tax advisor and/or independent counsel regarding prize winnings and for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her tax return.
- SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNER: All eligible Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the Prize drawing, to be held on or about February 12, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. PST. One (1) potential winner will be selected by the Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received (“Prize Winner”). Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER: The potential Prize Winner will be notified by Sponsor within twenty four (24) hours after the Prize drawing.
TWITTER ENTRY: The Prize Winner will receive a direct message from @mophie on Twitter to the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes. In order to receive the direct message, the Prize Winner’s account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public". The Prize Winner will be required to respond to the direct message within twenty four (24) hours and follow the Prize claim instructions as directed, or the Prize will be forfeited.
The Prize will be awarded only to a Prize Winner who has presented his or her own positive, government-issued identification and who has signed/acknowledged and returned applicable tax forms, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release to Sponsor within twenty four (24 hours from the notification date. If a selected winner cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim a Prize; and/or where applicable, an appropriate tax form, Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and/or Publicity Release is not timely executed and delivered to Sponsor, or is incomplete or modified; if a Prize is returned as undeliverable; or if the potential winner fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; the potential winner may be disqualified, the Prize will be deemed as forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may selected from among all remaining valid, eligible entries received and the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor is not responsible for winner notifications via e-mail or Twitter that are the result of system or transmission errors and may cancel, modify or suspend the contest based upon any such error without liability at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- DELIVERY OF PRIZE: The Prize may be claimed by the Prize winner: (i) at a location to be designated by Sponsor; or, at the Prize winner’s option, (ii) via shipment to a valid address specified by the Prize winner. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; or for any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with computer Sweepstakes information. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and Twitter (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Entrants assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, in whole or in part, by participating in this Sweepstakes or receipt, use or redemption of the Prize.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Under no circumstances will Sponsor award more prizes than the prizes set forth above. In the event that any erroneous duplicative awarding of prizes occurs, the error shall be corrected and the prize awarded to the proper winner based on the criteria set forth above. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, legal challenges, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Any disputes relating to this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually without any resort to any form of class action, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes. Under no circumstances shall any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for other damages or have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT OR LIMIT EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION: These Sweepstakes and Official Rules are governed in all respects by the laws of the United States and the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal or state courts located in Orange County, California.
- PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and the winner by accepting the Prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, likeness, entry, nickname, user name, e Twitter user/account name, city, state and/or biographical material (collectively, “Personal Data”), in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER’S LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or name(s) of winner(s), available for a period of thirty (30) days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.mophie.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: mophie’s V-DAY WEEKEND TICKETS 2014 Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winners List Request, 15101 Red Hill Avenue, Tustin, California 92780.
- SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by mophie, LLC, 6244 Technology Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009, USA (“Sponsor”).
mophie is a trademark of mophie Inc.